Monday, November 24, 2008

Finally...I guess. Our family has had a website, but I don't keep up with it like I should. Hopefully this will be an easier way to share with friends and family things going on at our house.

Austin is 8 and in 3rd grade. He has a fantastic teacher, Mrs. Backus. He is a big reader and is going through books like crazy. Most recently he has read "The Tale of Despereaux" and we are excited to see it has been made into a movie that comes out this Christmas. Austin played soccer for the 4th year this fall and is gearing up for his first year of basketball. He is also in our community Cub Scout Pack and working on achieving his Bear rank.

Grace is 5 and in her second year of preschool. She keeps telling me how badly she would like to go to the "big school." She thought as soon as she turned five she could leave preschool and start at the other school. She was crushed to find out that wasn't the case. Poor girl with her October birthday. Grace played soccer for the first time this year and had a great time. She is in her third year of tap dance lessons. She is quite the performer.

Travis is 3 and super active. He loves to play with his brother and sister...as long as they are doing what he wants! :) His favorite time of the day is when he is on his own with mom. He loves this alone time. Travis is talking so much and in real words...not just the made up language that only he understands. It sure makes life easier when we can communicate! He loves Buzz Lightyear and playing Indiana Jones on the PS2. He is hoping for Lego Batman for Christmas.

Eric just started his third year with Knowledge Learning Corp. He is a Senior Analyst in the development department. He is my numbers nerd!! Eric hunted this year for the 3rd season. Once again...he filled his tag opening day. It is a sore subject with my dad and he told him when they left for Elk hunting he was going to douse all Eric's clothes in perfume to be sure he didn't get the first one again! Eric is Austin's den leader in Cub Scouts and enjoys working with the boys. He is so patient with them and is teaching them great things.

I am home with the kiddos...which means a million other things like: taxi driver, play date facilitator, chef, house keeper, babysitter, classroom helper, team mom, website creator, and many more. I love all my hats and don't see it getting any less busy as my kids grow. I keep thinking if I just make it through this crazy week the next won't be so bad....unfortunately I think that same thing every week. :) I loved being back in my hometown. Austin goes to the school I went to, there are kids in his class whose parents I went to school with. The town has grown, but the mentality is pretty much the same. It is a great place to raise a family.

I hope to be better and keep the blog updated...thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Bree said...

Hi Terra! Thanks for the blog address. I am excited to keep in touch this way. I'm not the greatest blogger, I'm sure when our little boy arrives I'll have more to blog about - he, he! Glad to hear everything is going so well with you and your sweet family - love and hugs xoxo