
Just thought I would share our post-Thanksgiving adventure with you. We took the kids to the beach today. After stopping a few places to geocache, being chased by geese, chasing geese and other bathroom adventures we don't care to relive...we arrived at the Astor Column in Astoria. I stayed in the car with Travis as he slept, Austin and Grace went with Eric out and about. The column is closed for repairs so there was no climbing today. Grace has been asking about the sand beach all day...so we headed that way. We went to the Peter Iredale/Shipwreck beach. We played for awhile stomping on foam and running from little waves. A wave came that we weren't expecting. I call it a sneaker wave, but Eric just laughs when I say it...it snuck up...hence, sneaker! Anyway, as we were running, poor little Travis' legs couldn't keep up. He ended up knee deep in the freezing water and as the waves went back out he fell and rolled like a log until Eric jumped in and grabbed him. He was cold and wet and said "Wanna run from water again." He was such a trooper. Luckily, I had packed extra clothes for all and we layered Travis up after we stripped him of his sandy, wet digs. He told Eric that the "drink was icky." We all had a good chuckle as we were driving away. I am thankful Travis was not scarred for life by the event as I would hate for him to have flashbacks everytime we visit the beach. We decided after mean geese, bad potties, and water issues...we should cut our losses and head for home. It was a great time and we have plenty of pictures to remember it by! 


4 comments:
I love and miss the Oregon coast. What a memorable adventure for your family - things like this are what the kids will remember when they get older. I still remember our beach trips...they were special times.
It was nice to see all of you. Did you get the tree trimmed yet? Can't wait to see the pix on your new blog spot here.
TERRA!!!!Yay, I found you! Come visit us in D.C.! Come visit us at www.getyourbassettmoving.blogspot.com
SO GLAD TO SEE THAT YOU ARE WELL!
I found your blog from Goofy's site and thought I'd say hello. We went through school together and you lived next to my cousin. Like you, I have 3 boys who keep me more than busy. Visit my blog sometime (www.justlounginaround.blogspot.com) if you'd like. I'm always checking up on others to see how their lives are going. With 3 boys who has time to spend it on the phone?!?!?
Post a Comment