Sunday, April 5, 2009

Was November really my last post!??!?

This blog is like my journal as a kid...every few months promising to be better about entries. So...I promise to be better. There are so many things going on in our life right now...I want to keep everybody up to date.

#1. Travis is finally potty trained and started preschool in January. I didn't think it was ever going to happen. He can be so stubborn!! I am happy to have none in diapers!

#2. Eric is back at school at Portland State. He is doing a graduate certificate in Development right now and starts the Master's program in the fall. He is working full-time and still makes time for Scouts and date night. His company had a huge layoff at the beginning of the year and we are thankful that he is still employed.

#3. Grace is working hard with her tap lessons and looking forward to everyday being closer to her going to the "big school like Austin." Kindergarten round up is this month. I can't believe she finally gets to go! She has enjoyed preschool...but is clearly ready for the next step.

#4. Austin is still kicking butt and taking names!! He is doing great in Scouts and working hard to earn money for summer camp. He will be going to Gilbert Ranch this summer. He is excited to ride horses and learn all those dorky camp songs. He is also involved in an after school program that his teacher put together for kids that are "higher thinkers." He meets with the group every Friday. They did a great focus on the Iditarod. I learned a lot...he likes to share the knowledge! He also finished his first season of basketball. I consider it a great year if there are no major injuries or loss of teeth...it was a great year!

#5. I have recently started working with the High School Parent Group at the Rose Quarter. I work about 2 events a month in the concession stand and the money I earn goes into an account to pay for school/sports related expenses. I love doing it and work with some great people. On top of that...Grant Watts Spring Auction is coming up. They are keeping me busy with prep.

#6. Our family took a trip to Fort Stevens for Spring Break. We stayed in a Yurt and camped next to some friends. 7 kids, 4 adults, 9 bikes, 2 trailers, 2 scooters and a ton of food later...it was a fabulous time. We rode bikes, geocached, whale watched, chased off raccoons, and hung out. Can't wait to do it again!

We are gearing up for a busy summer with lots of camping and outside activities. The sun is starting to show through these Northwest clouds...and we are taking advantage of it!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

it's about time you updated this....and you forgot about the mice, the rain and the puke at Fort Stevens!!! But it still was a blast!!

Christina said...

Loved the update - it is so much fun to get caught up on other people's lives! Sounds like you are one busy lady - and enjoying every moment. I am thrilled to hear that life is going so well for you!

Deanna said...

Hi Hayes family--Thanks for the update. Looks like you've had some great adventures. And Congrats on the potty training--Ya Travis!!!!