Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May Day!!!


I never know what to say to start my entry...maybe "hi all", "howdy followers", or "thanks for checking in." It all sounds dorky to me, so HI!! Glad you stopped by.

April was a busy month. No sports...but we kept busy.

Austin and all of 3rd grade have been doing their swimming lessons. Two days left. It has been nice to not fight him on wearing shorts everyday, as it was acceptable the kids come to school in their swim trunks. Austin earned the rank of Bear in scouting. He will be moving onto Webelos after school ends.

Grace is getting ready for her big tap performance. She has a trial run this weekend at the Senior Center. Eric, Grace and I attended a kindergarten "round up" yesterday. Grace was given a tour of the school and we registered her for school in the fall. She is so excited to be going to the "big school" where Austin goes.

Travis felt like big stuff when he went to see "Earth" with the elementary school. He was even better behaved than some of the older kids. He continues to learn and grow everyday. It is amazing to watch him.

Eric is doing well in school and has been officially accepted to PSU's MBA program. Unfortunately, he will not be able to continue to be a Den Leader with the Scouts once he starts the MBA program. At the last Pack Meeting he was recognized for his years of service and the families of the boys he has worked with presented him with a gift. He was touched...as was I. He will miss those boys...but I don't ever think that bond they had will be broken.

I am done with the Spring Auction. The parent organization raised $25k for our little school. It goes to great things: assemblies, field trips, art programs, swimming lessons for 3rd grade and tons more. With Blazer season over, the work at the Rose Quarter slows down a bit. So it sounds like I should have tons of time...where does it go? :) In two weeks, I leave for my scrapbooking weekend at the beach. I can't wait!! 3 days of no mommy duties, babysitter duties, housekeeper duties and any other duties!!

Other than a little cold going around, most the family is healthy. We are happy to be together and enjoying the beautiful flowers outside and the fun activities that come with the random sun!

4 comments:

Bassett Family said...

T! It's been way too long! I tracked you down through Bree's blog! Yay! Sounds like you are happy and busy! check us out www.getyourbassettmoving.blogspot.com Be happy!

Bree said...

Terra:

Hooray! Updates....I need to update mine too....how does time escape us so - he, he! Sounds like everyone is doing awesome. We can't wait for summer

Christina said...

It was fun to read about your family! That is a beautiful flower at the top - is it from your yard?

Hayes Family said...

Heather- Love you tons!! Miss you more!

Breeness- Hugs to you and your family!

Christina- Thanks for the note. It is a flower from my yard. I was pretending to be a photographer...and it kind of worked! :)